Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6 pounds later....

Yesterday we took a city tour with everyone. First, we went to Seoul Tower, which is very similar to the needle in Seattle. It is the highest point in Seoul. You take an elevator up and you can overlook the city. At Seoul tower they had Cold Stone Creamery, I didn't get any even though I wanted it. We shopped at the gift shops and got a few gifts. After Seoul Tower, we went and ate lunch.

Dr. Hong asked who would prefer not to eat Korean food and I was the only one to raise my hand, he told me I would just have to suffer through it, even though no one else wanted the Korean food either. It was also a holiday yesterday here in Korea. All the children were out of school and parents off of work for Childrens Day. I was very jealous that we never had that holiday in the states when I was a kid.

I took lots of pictures of the meal we were served, which I chose not to eat. After you see the pictures you will see why. At traditional Korean meals, they eat like 12 courses of food, it never stops its amazing. My camera had died so I have to go buy a new battery or something so that it will work.

After lunch, we were taken to the blue house, which is like the white house in America. It is where their president works and lives. We got a tour and went to the gift shops again, I did not buy anything.

After that we took an hour long bus ride to the lake, where we met Dr. Ra and his team for dinner, it was also a traditional Korean dinner, the food looked very similar to lunch. I did not eat again.

The stem cells from the day before had made me very weak, very tired and nausea. The smell of food, the thought of eating all made me sick to my stomach.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel. I have lost a total of 6 pounds since arriving in Korea. Today I am getting a facial and a massage at the RCC I am VERY excited! We are also going shopping at an underground mall, where they have American shops and food. Then we are going to the largest Duty Free Shop in the world where you can get designer goods for half the price. Soo excited, I dreamed in Louis Vuitton last night, and that is no lie.

Missing home, missing my family, and missing Mexican food! Happy Cinco de Mayo, very sad I can't drink a margarita and eat fajitas right now. Today is our last day in Seoul, tomorrow we head to Japan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment