Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day of my Life....

It is 6 am here in Korea, and Dad and I could not sleep. Been awake for hours tossing and turning. I hate it when I can't sleep.

I want to follow up on yesterday, even though things were a little different than I am used to, I still had a wonderful day and was greatly appreciative of Cecily and Sue's hospitality, they were very kind, very helpful, spoke great English, and beautiful women. Plus I really liked there style and they used to live in one of my favorite towns NASHVILLE!!!! So I do want to give a big shout of to Cecily and Sue and say Kam Sa Me Da (not sure on the spelling but pretty sure it means Thank You)!!

Last night, we had dinner with Dr. Ra and his staff, I heart Donna Le, she works in his Maryland office and is AWESOME! She even has an IPAD!! I told her my brothers would be soo jealous, those things are pretty rad. We went to a buffet restaurant here at the hotel, they had a lot of different food options. I opted for the pizza and the sticky rice. I decided to shy away from the meats for the day. I told Donna Le about my burger and she laughed and told me that Korean Beef is not good, it is really expensive and really fat and that I should just stay away. I haven't yet seen chicken yet though, kind of sad I love chicken!!!

Dinner went well and Dr. Ra's team is amazing, they are all very kind and gracious. They told me a story about mice that had lupus (didn't know mice could have lupus) and that mice with lupus, died much quicker and faster than mice without lupus. They gave human stem cells to the mice with lupus and they lived much longer. It did not cure there lupus but it did treat it. I thought that was a good story. However, at first when they mentioned giving the mice stem cells, I thought they meant the mice had stem cells and gave them those, but it turned out it was human stem cells which I found very interesting.

I also met a painter who lives in Hawaii, so JEALOUS!!!! And he is here for his second round of stem cells to help his rheumatoid arthritis and his life has been much better and seen much improvement. Also a good story.


One thing I do find interesting that we have here at the hotel.... heated toilet seats, I am not sure I find it a good thing, it makes me feel very awkward.

Well I am off to have more waffles... then Cecily is picking me up this afternoon to take me to get my stem cells. Wish me luck. I will post photos later.


Please keep my family in your prayers: grandma, grandpa, mom and her brothers! Very tough time and I am very sad I am not at home with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment