Monday, May 3, 2010

Pretty sure I ate a domestic animal....

Well today has been an interesting day to say the least, was woken up at 5 am by father e-mailing. Tossed and turned for a little while longer, til he left to go work out. I of course did not work out, well because I am on a "semi-vacation" and have boycotted the whole eating healthy, working out thing. Plus since all the food is icky and smells here, looks like I will loose weight that way.

We went down to breakfast where I did eat one thing that tasted normal WAFFLES!!!! They were good seems to be staple food item for the duration of my trip. After breakfast, dad had to go to some press conference with an artist who had been healed by the stem cell therapies. So I skyped for awhile, and then received a phone call from Juan June (pretty sure that is not how you spell his name, however that is how it is pronounced), he called a couple of times and then his wife called. She (Cecily) came and picked me up with her friend, we will call her Sue, since I can't spell her name nor remember how to say it, so Sue it is. They took to my lunch first.

The lunch place (seen above) was a 3 story very modern building called Passions 5. It was very nice, and it had a bakery, which smelt good, so naturally I was excited. Of course however, I sit down and look at a menu that was all in Korean so Cecily and Sue helped me order. There was a hamburger on the menu, 2 different types, one was called the Dynamite burger but also had pork in it, and unfortunately I do not eat pig. The other burger was called the Ratatouille Burger, which they told me was all beef. I asked them to ask the lady to have nothing on it but the meat and the bread, because lets face it I had no idea what to expect. Well the meal came, and my burger had some sort of white spicy sauce which covered the entire thing, Sue got the dynamite burger which looked much better, it even had onion rings on it. I was also served 4 exactly french fries and a squirt of ketchup. I was polite and tried to eat the burger, which I chewed for about 5 minutes and there were really hard pieces in there that were similar to bone. Needless to say, I thought the Ratatouille Burger might have actually been Rat. So now I feel like vomiting.


After lunch, they took me to Gyeongbokgung Palace, which was really cool, and really big. I got to see the changing of the guards and was stared at quite a bit. This is where the Emperor and his wives lived. We walked around and I took lots of photos. I wanted to go to the museum, but Sue and Cecily were in heels and their feet hurt. So we left and they took me to a traditional Korean tea house and antique district. Here we ordered some tea, they recommended a tea for me that was very sweet and citrus, I was expecting better but it was still good. We also had a traditional Korean dessert that was a rice type cookie, very similar to rice cakes. After that we walked around into some shops where I bought my mom a gift.



Now I am getting ready for dinner with some business people and praying I like the food or else, waffles will be the only food I will be eating.

Missing home and everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment